The holiday season is upon us and it is likely that you are shopping for a runner in your life. If you are looking for some ideas on what to buy for a runner, take a look at the list below to get some ideas.
Top Gifts for Runners
- Running Shoes. Most runners go through a least a pair or two of running shoes every year. This is probably going to be a welcomed gift and one that you can easily figure out what to buy. Simply take a peek at the shoes they wear and the size. Now you just have to find them in stock somewhere and get them in time for a gift. If you are like me, you are probably looking for a deal. Read more about where to find deals on shoes now.
- Running Shorts / Shirts. Just like shoes, running great doesn’t last forever. Take a look in the closet and see what kind of gear they wear and surprise them with something new. A local running store is a great place to get some advice on what to buy. You can be less creative and opt for a gift card but something more personal will go over better.
- Activity Tracking Device. Get that runner in your life a new activity tracker. These include devices from Garmin, Fitbit, Apple and many others. This is a big take on personal preference but I personally use a Garmin 235 to keep track. An Apple watch may be a better (but more expensive) choice if your target is a diehard Apple fan.
- Foam Rollers / Massage Sticks. Muscles get sore. There are many devices that you can use to help stretch out before and after a run. These are relatively inexpensive options and include things like a Foam Roller, Massage Stick, and Massage Lacrosse Balls. See what they have if you can and pick something new for them to try out.
- Bluetooth Ear Buds. Does your favorite runner like to listen to music while running? Would they like a set of Bluetooth earbuds to get rid of the wires dangling around their neck while running? What you choose may again be influenced by the type of phone they use. Look around on Amazon or Best Buy for some options. Try to find some specific reviewers who use them for running to make sure they work.
- Magazine Subscriptions. Yes, there are still a few actual magazines that are published and those include running magazines. For a really cheap gift that gives back all year long, consider giving a subscription to Runner’s World or Women’s Running.
No matter what you choose, your runner will be thrilled that you thought of them. Good luck with the hunt for gifts!